Once our Kermans staff has helped you select the right resilient flooring and measured your space, our professional installers will make sure it is properly installed in a timely manner. Many of Kermans’ installers have been working with us for many years or more and their experience will make the difference in your new floor.
Preparing for resilient flooring installation.
- Determine who is responsible for moving furniture and other objects from the area. Installers can do this but will charge an additional fee.
- Review your moldings and baseboards – they may need to be removed for installation and if so, any breakage or paint retouching will be your responsibility after installation. Our installers try to be very careful, but scratches and scrapes to painted surfaces can’t always be avoided.
- Move all breakables, computers and electronics.
What to know and do during installation
Be prepared to be at home the day of installation and be available in case the installation crew has questions. Your presence will insure that the correct flooring is installed in the right areas and the right layout. But plan to stay out of the way, your installers will be using a variety of tools and equipment and you do not want any children or pets underfoot. We also recommend that you walk thru your finished rooms with the chief installer to ask questions and be aware of any final details.
On rare occasions, our installers will discover an existing problem such as a plumbing leak or subfloor problem when your old flooring is removed. Should this happen, our installers will notify you immediately. Any unforeseen repairs or prep work will result in additional charges. Kermans will provide you with a quote prior to the work being done. If the problem is electrical or plumbing-related, we will recommend that you contact the service of your choice to correct the problem.
What to know and do after installation
Your installers will tell you how long to wait before walking on and moving furniture onto your new flooring – generally 24 hours. When finished, take a moment to clean the feet or rollers on your furniture before placing it on your new floor.
Your Kermans design consultant is available from start to finish – from flooring selection thru installation. Before you visit our showroom, we’d like to suggest a few questions to consider.
- Disconnect and remove all computers and electronic equipment from rooms where flooring is to be installed.
- Remove all breakable items from areas where flooring is to be installed, and place the items in a safe location.
- Remove all items from tabletops, desktops, etc.
- Empty and store the contents of bookshelves, entertainment centers, armoires, etc.
- Clear the floor areas of closets where flooring is to be installed. We request that a space approximately three (3) feet above the floor be cleared so our installers have more room to move.