Making a custom area rug from carpetKermans Flooring
If you’ve ever shopped for an area rug you know that the selections can be dizzying. Shapes, sizes, designs, patterns, colors… and yet sometimes you can’t find the right size or shape for your particular room or sitting area. Stop shopping and start looking at custom area rugs. They are more accessible than you might realize! Kermans Flooring can make a custom area rug from any type of carpet.
Custom area rugs from carpet
Kermans Flooring got their start as an area rug company in 1921. It’s safe to say that they know a thing or two about area rugs. They carry both traditional hand-knotted rugs and machine-made rugs in styles from classic oriental to contemporary. Kermans also knows that sometimes you have a unique space and it’s hard to find an area rug that really fits. When that is the case, the area rug experts at Kermans have a solution. Find a carpet that matches your design preferences and our team will make an area rug from the carpet to your exact specifications.
Things to consider when shopping for an area rug
Whether you buy an area rug “off the rack” or are looking at carpet to create a custom area rug. There are a few important things to consider. Do you want a colorful or neutral rug? What kind of foot traffic will the rug see? As you start shopping keep these things in mind:
- Color is important. A rug with a bold, overall design can be the focal point of a room with a chair and sofa in solid or subdued patterns. Light colored rugs make a room look more spacious. While deeper colors lend coziness to a room.
- Don’t discount machine-made rugs. They look strikingly similar to a handmade rug, but they’re usually much less expensive. And Karastan’s Rugs have a 15-20 year manufacturers warranty!
- Don’t be boxed in by the idea of getting a rectangular rug. Kermans offers round, square and custom-shaped rugs as well.
- Remember to bring a sofa cushion, a pillow, a piece of art, a paint chip or take a swatch of any fabrics you’d like to match with you when you shop for a rug. That way, you’ll have a better idea of what will complement your existing decor.
- Don’t underestimate the value of a rug pad. Kermans offers the best pad in the industry. Not only will it absorb the impact of feet and noise, it will reduce wear and tear on the rug and make vacuuming easier.
Area rug placement guide
Wondering which size rug is best for your space? Trying to determine where you want to place an area rug? Use our free Area Rug Placement Guide to make sure you get the perfect rug for your home.