Choosing the right type of tile flooringKermans Flooring
Tile flooring used to be synonymous with ceramic tile. Not anymore! Tile flooring today comes in a beautiful array of materials and styles. Whether you are looking for tile flooring for your kitchen or bathroom, your entryway or your all-purpose room – or perhaps a backsplash – there is a tile type that is just right for you.
Five main types of tile flooring
Tile flooring is made from a wide range of materials. Each adds its own design style and practical elements to your rooms. Kermans carries five main types of tile flooring:
- Ceramic: Traditional, versatile and long-lasting
- Glass: Contemporary and colorful – a popular choice for backsplashes and tile walls
- Metal: A floor or backsplash with a very modern feel
- Porcelain: The chameleon of tile flooring
- Stone: Natural beauty that is always unique and never boring
Which tile is best for your floor
How do you choose which type of tile is best for your home? First, you take into consideration how the room is used. Tile is a great choice for bathrooms because it’s waterproof however some tile is very slippery when wet. Second, you take into consideration your budget. Stone tiles make gorgeous floors but they can be very expensive, particularly in a large room. Third, you take into consideration your preference. If you want to add some shine to the room, metal tile might be perfect. If you want the look of natural stone or wood, porcelain with its many design options could be best.
Questions to ask when you are shopping for the right type of tile flooring
- What type of tile is best for my kitchen? Bathroom? Dining room? Foyer? Etc.
- How long will a tile floor last?
- I’ve been told that tile is slippery when it gets wet. Is this true? Are some tiles less slippery?
- I have little kids and I’m worried that they might drop something and damage a tile. Is tile the right choice for me?