Non-traditional wood floorsKermans Flooring
Hardwood floors have always been a popular flooring choice. However, they aren’t the right floor for every situation. They don’t do well in humid environments or rooms where water damage is a possibility such as kitchens and bathrooms. They have to be installed on a particular type of sub-floor which often limits them to the main level of the house. There is a way, however, to get the warmth and look of wood in any room of your house.
Non-traditional wood floors
Actually, we should say “wood-like” floors. Manufacturers have introduced new flooring products that look and feel like wood and overcome the few weaknesses that hardwood flooring has.
- Water resistant – sometimes even waterproof
- Easier installation requirements
- More durable
- Easier to clean
- Do not fluctuate with humidity
- Your eyes won’t know the difference
Sounds like it’s too good to be true? We assure you, it’s true. Porcelain tile and resilient luxury vinyl floors are hot flooring trends right now and with good reason. These flooring options bring the beautiful appearance of wood into your home but with so much more flexibility.
What is porcelain tile?
Porcelain tile gives you the durability and easy maintenance of a tile floor with the look of wood.
Porcelain is denser, more porous, and harder than ceramic tile thus offering greater stain and water resistance. Stronger than granite and resistant to staining, porcelain is also easy to clean and offers superior wear resistance.
What is resilient luxury vinyl flooring?
Resilient flooring is a type of luxury vinyl created using high-definition printing so that it has a wood look that’s highly authentic. It’s designed to emulate the top species and colors of hardwood. Resilient floors give the look of hardwood without the high-maintenance. As an added bonus resilient wood floors also hide imperfections in subfloors and are waterproof.
The top layer of resilient flooring is created to both look and feel like natural hardwood. But since it’s made from vinyl, it brings added benefits:
- The natural cushioning makes it comfortable to stand on for hours while cooking or perhaps in a basement where you’ll be doing entertaining.
- It is waterproof, making it a perfect choice for your kitchen, bathroom, basement or even laundry room.
- Resilient flooring maintains a constant temperature all year long so it is comfortable enough to walk on barefoot.
- It stands up to spills, scuffs, scratches and more – luxury vinyl is easy to maintain and will look good for years to come.
Many people love the look of hardwood floors in their kitchens, bathrooms or basements but hardwood is not the best choice for these areas. For years, laminate wood flooring has been the go-to option but still prone to damage from spills. Now resilient flooring and porcelain tile give homeowners the beautiful look of natural hardwood in any room.
Stop by our Indianapolis flooring store showroom and check out these beautiful new flooring options for yourself!
Looking for more flooring trends? Follow our Facebook page where we highlight trend alerts and tips!
Leave a Reply