Eco-friendly carpet choicesKermans Flooring
In recent years, carpet has gotten a bad reputation regarding its impact on indoor air quality. The biggest culprits are the materials used to bind the fibers to the carpet which can emit toxic gas. However, manufacturers have stepped up to the challenge and created healthier carpets. You can now easily find eco-friendly carpets that don’t have an unhealthy impact on your living environment. One of the leading carpet stores in Indianapolis, Kermans, understands the concerns behind carpet and is here to help you find the best, most eco-friendly carpet available.
When you’re looking for a carpet store in Indianapolis – look for one that offers free consultations
At Kermans we don’t assume that our customers know all there is to know about carpet. That’s our job. And that’s why we staff our showroom with flooring experts ready to help each and every customer. They lend their expertise in carpet types, manufacturers, prices and design free of charge to all Kermans customers. If finding an eco-friendly carpet is high on your list of concerns, this group is up to the challenge. We asked them to share a few tips regarding eco-friendly carpet:
1. Check the carpet label to make sure it’s been tested by the Carpet and Rug Institute’s (CRI) Indoor Air Quality testing program. The CRI Green Label verifies that the product has been tested and passed the CRI’s standards for low emissions. (Learn more about the program on the Carpet and Rug Institute website.)
2. Ask about sustainability and environmental certifications for different manufacturers. Many leading carpet manufacturers have taken eco-friendly concerns to heart and changed the way they make carpets – avoiding harmful chemicals and turning to more natural materials. Kermans is proud to carry manufacturers such as Mohawk and Karastan who have been leading the way towards healthier carpets for years. Learn more about the manufacturers found at Kermans carpet store in Indianapolis.
3. Air out the carpet before installing. Our expert installation team understands air quality concerns and we are able to air out your carpet to help further reduce emissions.
4. Select a better pad – one that uses felt is a healthier choice for your living area.
5. Properly clean and maintain your carpet. Carpet naturally traps allergens and dust mites but regular cleaning can help keep them under control and keep your air cleaner.
We want to help you find the best carpet for your home and budget. Review our free carpet buyer’s guide for more tips and considerations. Then stop by our Indianapolis carpet store to start shopping.