Up close & personal with carpetKermans Flooring
Have you ever thought about what your carpet is made of? Sure it’s made of yarn but what type of yarn? Most carpet yarns are made from wool, nylon or polyester. At Indianapolis flooring store, Kermans, you’ll find carpets made from each of these materials and each brings its own set of benefits. Let’s spend some time looking at the natural carpet fiber: wool.
Advantages of wool carpets
One of our most popular carpet manufacturers, Karastan, has been in business for decades making beautiful, long-lasting, comfortable carpets. Guess what those carpets are made of? Wool. In fact, Karastan prides itself on the quality of its wool and it’s no wonder. Just look at some of the benefits wool carpets bring to your home:
- Easy to Clean. Natural resilience to dirt and soiling make Karastan wools exceptionally easy to maintain. Non-Allergenic. Karastan wools are safe for your family. Wool is a non-allergenic fiber; it does not promote the growth of bacteria or dust mites, or give off harmful emissions.
- Strong and Durable. Patented woven technology ensures Karastan wools are incredibly durable and strong, creating products that last.
- Crush Resistant. Natural crimp gives Karastan wools built-in resilience to crushing. Furniture marks disappear when the fiber is gently moistened and allowed to recover naturally.
- Inherently Fire Safe. Naturally flame retardant, Karastan wools are difficult to ignite, do not melt, and are self-extinguishable.
- Resistant to Static. Karastan wools do not suffer from static electricity build-up.
- Comfortable. Inherent bulk and resilience gives Karastan wools superior sound and heat insulating properties.
- Environmentally Friendly. Karastan practices environmentally responsible, energy efficient, and safe manufacturing procedures that pair well with the natural beauty and sustainability of New Zealand wool.
It’s National Karastan Month
Save up to $1,000 per household on Karastan carpet purchased between April 23 – June 9. Learn more.
Advantages of carpet styles
No matter what type of yarn you choose, you have additional choices to make in the style of your carpet. Carpet styles are influenced by traffic patterns; room use; style of furniture; anticipated wear and tear; and of course color and design. You’ll want to take all of these factors into consideration when you pick carpet for your home.
Learn more from our Carpet Education video