Floor cleaning tips & tricks brought to you from your favorite Indianapolis flooring store: KermansKermans Flooring
It’s the holiday season! With all its hustle & bustle, trimmings & trappings, baking & giving… and scrubbing & cleaning. Whether you are getting ready to have people over and need to know how to get your tile grout clean or you are recovering from a get-together and wondering how you’re ever going to get the stains out of your carpet – Kermans Flooring has you covered.
Tile cleaning tips & tricks
- Put away the rag mop. Mops often drag that dirt right into your grout giving you an even trickier cleaning challenge. Use a microfiber mop that will pick up the dirt instead.
- Sticky residue on tile – such as hairspray – can be removed with a solution of one part fabric softener and two parts water.
- Use natural stain removers. Cover the stain with lemon juice or vinegar, let sit for a few minutes and then scrub away with a stiff brush.
- Before you break out the grout cleaner, try rubbing sandpaper or a pencil eraser over the grout to remove surface stains. Most dirty grout is just dirty on the surface. Once it’s clean, talk to Kermans about sealing your grout to help keep it looking like new.
Hardwood cleaning tips & tricks
- Black tea bags & some elbow grease. Let three teabags steep in 4 cups of hot water for a few minutes. Dip a rag into the tea, wring it out so it is damp not soaking and then wipe down your hardwood. The tannic acid in the black tea really brings out your wood’s natural shine. Added bonus: pick a tea with lavender, cinnamon or lemon to leave behind a pleasant smell.
- Spot clean with vinegar. In a spray bottle mix together 1/4 cup white vinegar and 30 ounces of warm water. Spray on a stain or scuff mark and then wipe up with a clean rag.
Tip for any tile, hardwood or laminate floor: always sweep before wet cleaning to get rid of loose dirt and crumbs.
Carpet cleaning tips & tricks
- Keep club soda on hand. If you can get to the spill fast enough, club soda can pull out even tough stains like wine or grape juice. With a clean towel, blot up the spill then soak the area with club soda. Blot with a clean towel or rag until clean.
- Contain a big spill with corn meal. If you have a spill in a large area, let corn meal help you soak it up. Once the area is dry – vacuum up the corn meal.
December Blog Coupon
Free Stainmaster Pad
with any carpet installation
Not in conjunction with any other offer. Expires 12/31/13
Kermans Flooring retail showroom, located at 4505 E. 82nd Street in Indianapolis, showcases beauty, quality and excellence. Fashioned with interior design in mind, Kermans believes in carrying only the finest names and selections at affordable prices for our clients and designers. Learn more about the Kermans Advantage.