Your Flooring Installation ChecklistKermans Flooring
You found the perfect floor for your new home. Now what?
It’s time for installation.
Once our Kermans staff has helped you select the right carpet, tile or hardwood flooring, our professional installers will make sure it is properly installed in a timely manner. Professional installation can make a huge difference in how long your flooring investment wears and lasts. Many of Kermans installers have been working with us for 15 years or more and their experience will make the difference in your new floor.
Preparing for installation.
The installation of your floor is critical to its durability, performance and appearance in your home. Professional installers have years of experience and the right tools to do the job well. Your Installation Checklist should include:
- Disconnect and remove all computers and electronic equipment from rooms where flooring is to be installed.
- Remove all breakable items from areas where flooring is to be installed, and place the items in a safe location.
- Remove all items from tabletops, desktops, etc.
- Empty and store the contents of bookshelves, entertainment centers, armoires, etc.
- Clear the floor areas of closets where flooring is to be installed. We request that a space approximately three (3) feet above the floor be cleared so our installers have more room to move.