What Central Indiana homeowners should know before buying carpetKermans Flooring
When you’re ready to buy new carpet you need reliable information and quality products. You need the experts at Kermans. Our goal is to provide you with quality carpet products that beautify your home, meet your specific performance and budget needs, are easy to care for and stand the test of time.
What you need to know before buying carpet.
- Pay attention to seam placement. Most carpets come in widths of 12 or 15 feet, which means most rooms will have at least one seam. Texture and pattern can help hide a seam, as can placement of the seam in the room. Kermans design staff can help make recommendations as you move through the selection process.
- Quality makes a difference. If you’re putting carpet in a high traffic, high visibility area – you’re going to want to make sure you are getting a strong, durable carpet. Kermans carries high quality carpet at many price points to help you find flooring that will stand up to your needs and your budget.
- Consider the color. Carpet is designed to cover a large area and as such, it’s color will have an impact on the room. We encourage you to take samples home to lay next to your furniture and walls. Look at it at different times of day in both natural light and the lights of your home. Kermans also has design consultants that are happy to lend their expertise for no additional charge.
- You can’t see it, but the padding is important. A good quality padding will make your carpet more comfortable and more durable. It’s one of the most important decisions to make when buying carpet – you’ll feel its impact every time you walk on your carpet.
- For more tips on carpet buying, check out our Online Carpet Buyer’s Guide.
National Karastan Month
Receive up to $1000 back on carpet purchases made from September 26 – November 6, 2012