Tips for buying carpetKermans Flooring
Buying carpet is a major investment for most homeowners. You want to make sure you get something that you’ll like but that also fits your lifestyle and budget. When Central Indiana homeowners are looking for carpet, they turn to Kermans. With more than 88 years of experience, the consultants at Kermans will be happy to answer your questions and even suggest a few more before the process is complete.
Our top tips for buying carpet:
- Consider traffic through the room. If it’s walked through a lot, particularly in specific paths, you’ll want to select a different carpet than if it’s a low traffic area.
- Colors don’t need to match, but should be complementary. Carpet covers a large area so its color will make an impact.
- Spend some time thinking about the padding. What’s under the carpet has a lot to do with how the carpet feels and lasts.
- Ask about seams. If your room will have a seam, where is the best place to put it?
- Get samples. Carpet looks different under the lights of a showroom than it will look in the lighting of your home. Move the sample around the room to see how it looks next to walls and furniture. Also, look at it in both natural light and at night with the interior lights on.
There are more things to consider, and at Kermans we want to help you make the best decision for your home. We’ve put together a thorough list of questions you should ask when you’re buying carpet. Check it out, then bring all your questions to the experts at Kermans.
Now is an excellent time to look for carpet. Why? It’s National Karastan Month! Karastan is one of the leading manufacturers of carpet in the country and once a year, they offer great deals on their carpet.
National Karastan Month Rebates
From now thru May 30, 2012, Karastan is offering up to $1,000 rebate on any Karastan carpet or rug. No coupon necessary, just visit Kermans Flooring and ask to see our Karastan collection.
Stop by our showroom with all of your questions. Our designers are ready to spend time with you and lend their knowledge and expertise to your home project. We’ve helped homeowners in Zionsville, Carmel, Fishers, Avon and throughout the Indianapolis area get just the right carpet for their needs – and we’d love the chance to help you too.