Five Easy Carpet Care TipsKermans Flooring
In the Middle Ages, floors were covered with rushes and when they got dirty, they were thrown away! There are probably times where you’d like to have a disposable carpet in your home but with a few quick tips – you can keep your carpet looking like new (no trash can required).
Five Easy Carpet Care Tips
1. Use entrance mats to brush most of the dirt off your shoes before walking on your carpet. Even better – always take your shoes off before walking on carpet.
2. Treat a stain as quickly as possible so it doesn’t have time to soak into your carpet. Many common carpet stains colas, juice, jelly etc can be cleaned by a simple solution made from 1 teaspoon of white vinegar mixed with 1 quart of warm water. Blot the spot dry working from the outside of the stain in, then rinse with the water solution and blot dry again – never scrub the carpet.
3. To remove gum from carpet, try pressing ice cubes against the gum until it becomes brittle and breaks off. Then clean with vinegar/water solution noted above.
4. Get rid of carpet odors with baking soda. Sprinkle baking soda on dry carpet and let sit overnight. Vacuum thoroughly the next morning.
5. Vacuum your carpet weekly (or more in high traffic areas) and have it professional cleaned every 12 to 18 months.
Why should you consider Kermans as your carpet resource?
We are the largest flooring resource in Central Indiana for builders which gives us big buying power and gives you big savings. Flooring from Kermans isn’t something you save for your golden years. It’s something you can afford now – and with proper care you’ll live with it for years to come.
Right now, Kerman’s has a great sale on SmartStrand carpet – a carpet with fibers made from renewable resources so it’s good for the environment and good for your home with its exceptional durability and and stain protection.
SMARTSTRAND “CLAIM TO FAME” CARPET SALE: includes a Lifetime Stain Warranty. Special offer: $1.99 a square foot, material only.
Whether you’ve got a brand new home in Noblesville. A fixer-upper in Fishers. Or a great room in need of greatness in Greenwood. Kermans Flooring in Indianapolis has you covered. Stop by our Castleton showroom today and ask to speak to one of our flooring design specialists.
Leave a Reply