Tricks to extend the life of your carpetKermans Flooring
The most important factor in caring for your carpet is vacuuming properly.
Vacuuming your carpet helps:
- Preserve the cushiness of your carpet,
- Extend the life of your carpet and
- Improve the air you breathe.
How to properly vacuum your carpet:
- Vacuum it thoroughly and frequently.
- Removing loose soil while it remains on the carpet surface prevents dirt from being ground into the carpet pile.
- Use slow repetitive front-to-back motions in an overlapping sequence.
- On the other hand, don’t press down or make too many passes over the same spot.
- Move slightly to the left or right about every four strokes.
- For rooms with light traffic, vacuum the carpet traffic area twice weekly and the entire area once weekly.
- In areas with heavy traffic, vacuum the carpet traffic lanes daily and the entire area twice weekly.
- 3 to 5 passes of the machine will suffice for light soiling, but 5 to 7 passes are necessary for heavily soiled areas.
- Change the direction occasionally to help stand the pile upright and reduce matting.
Kermans Flooring is a proud family carpet business that has served Indianapolis, Indiana and surrounding areas such as Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, Greenwood, and Avon since 1921. We sell high quality carpet, beautiful hardwood, tile, and elegant area rugs. Come to our showroom today and see for yourself all of our choices and meet our friendly staff.
We will help you find the best flooring solution for your home! 317-842-5700