Carpet Installation ChecklistKermans Flooring
|Check out our carpet room scenes|
People do not get new carpet all the time. It is an exciting change for your home. We put together a quick list of what you should know and do after installation.
Don’t be surprised…
Some of the chemicals used in the construction of carpet, as well as the adhesives or hot melt seaming tapes, can have an odor for as long as 48 to 72 hours after installation. So be prepared to provide the room with adequate ventilation. And get out the vacuum! Shedding is a natural part of a new carpet. Frequent vacuuming for the first few days should remove any loose fibers from the carpet’s surface.
It is not unusual for carpet seams to be visible for a few days following installation. The seams will “walk down”, or disappear, as you walk on the carpeting. Depending on the type of carpet you select, it may have a somewhat crushed appearance once installed. This is normal, and is a result of the carpet having been rolled tightly for shipping. Humidity will make the carpet “bloom”. If your carpet is installed during the winter months when humidity levels are lower, you may find that running a humidifier will help.
- Disconnect and remove all computers and electronic equipment from rooms where flooring is to be installed.
- Remove all breakable items from areas where flooring is to be installed, and place the items in a safe location.
- Remove all items from tabletops, desktops, etc.
- Empty and store the contents of bookshelves, entertainment centers, armoires, etc.
- Clear the floor areas of closets where flooring is to be installed. We request that a space approximately three (3) feet above the floor be cleared so our installers have more room to move.
At Kermans, a carpet consultant is available from start to finish – to help you choose the best carpet for your home and preferences thru the installation process.
Why should you shop with Kermans versus another Indianapolis flooring company?
Kermans is a family-run company with nearly a century in business. We are focused on one thing – helping your family make your house a home. Our consultative approach to serving our customers contributes to our longstanding success and positive reputation in the business and Indianapolis flooring community. Our designers are available to help you with your selections at no charge and our showroom offers the selection and pricing you need. Come visit our showroom today.